Google Analytics

Monday, October 14, 2013

Visual Social Media

Discuss [on your blog]: Find examples of 2 or 3 business that are similar to yours. See what visual social media they are using and how they are using it.  Is it effective?

One business very similar to my own is The Pampered Pet Hotel, which is located in Woodland Hills, CA. The visual social media they are using is Instagram, Facebook, Google+ and Foursquare. Though, I will note I had to go out and search for every other platform but Facebook. This was the only one linked on their page at the moment besides Twitter. I would say their Facebook is the most effective website; on Instagram their last post was about three weeks ago. Their Google+ is not very active at all, with two reviews (one 2 years ago). Foursquare is not very active as well, with their last review in January. So overall, I would say while they have littered amounts of visual social media and they need to be more active on them. Also, I would suggest they link all of these on their main page. Their Facebook page seems to be the most effective source of information.

The second business I will review which is similar to my own, D Pet hotel. They have three locations Hollywood, CA, Chelsea, NYC, and Scottsdale, AZ. At first glance (just as a website perspective) it looks really stunning! Also, the homepage image is very cute! I definitely think this appeals to serious pet owners with extra cash flow. They have listed on their site Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. I also found their page on Instagram but only for their NYC location. They have a Foursquare but are not very active on it. They have a Google+ for the LA location but are inactive. I was surprised to find a LinkedIn but it is inactive as well. So I would say the visual social media platforms they are using are effective, such as Facebook and Twitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment