Google Analytics

Monday, November 25, 2013

Optimizing Yourself and the Company

Wow! I did not realize Google analytic offered so many features with their program. I think I was most surprised at the amount of flexibility offered and features I never even knew you would be able to report/calculate. Some features I found the most interesting was Site Search, because I feel it would be great to find out what people were looking for, if they missed anything, and grants me greater speed in interaction with my consumer. I know for myself, often times when I check a website and I cannot find what I am looking for I get frustrated and either leave, or have to search the entire site to try and find it. Goal Flow was another interesting feature, I think it would be most beneficial to see where they leave, get stuck, and where they enter. In this way, I can track where I need to improve or tweak my website. E Commerce Reporting was an interesting feature I found as well. I think being able to see my best selling products, and most powerful promotions would really increase my market sales. Now, I was not planning to have my website sell my products because of the small town community I wanted to create with my business. However I think this is a vital aspect in sales rather small town or large/nationwide. I think Map Overlay also be a great way for this too, because if my sales are flowing online I would like to see where they are coming from and how can I further promote my business or expand it even. 



No comments:

Post a Comment