Google Analytics

Monday, September 16, 2013

Two websites I visit frequently

www.youtube.com

YouTube is definitely famous for its entertainment qualities. In between homework assignments, or whether I am alone or with my friends I spend time on here. I think the website is effective because of the range of volume it holds. Specific design principals that I enjoy are the channel listing categories on the left. On the main page it typically displays popular channels as well. It is easily navigated and the great thing about watching a video is the similar/recommended videos that are displayed on the right. So it is really easy to get lost going through videos (in a good way). The brand is also effective as the icon is like Television but for you, hence YouTube. I also enjoy the red design and white, creates a Target sort of vibe but these colors seem to be a popular choice. The entertainment qualities make me return consistently, and improvement would be to become less ad heavy.  


www.tumblr.com 

Tumblr is effective because of the entertainment qualities it holds as well. I think being able to develop your own personal blog gives you this creative space many people crave and enjoy. In a sense it becomes your own sort of diary/collage/notebook of ideas and photos you deeply enjoy. Specific design qualities are the ease of the dashboard. Following blogs and finding new ones is very manageable with the features they offer you. I rarely find ads as well which is really nice. I think the color contrast chosen works quite well too. The blue and white is pleasing to your eyes and creates a very calm feeling. I come back to the site because I enjoy viewing my friends blogs and seeing what they post. As well as discovering cool new photographs/ideas or pieces of inspiration. Improvement would be to make finding other friends with blogs easier using Social Media.

No comments:

Post a Comment