Google Analytics

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Social Media Platforms

While, I think this question can be a bit subjective, in my opinion most social media platforms can be used for both personal and business. Though I do think some weigh more heavily on one side of the fence than others. In such, Tumblr is a blogging website that is more reliant on reblogging photos than getting out information about your business. A stark contrast to this would be LinkedIn which is strictly about business connections. Instagram I would say a mix between the two because there is a lot of personal and business found within this app. I typically see more celebrities/figures use this app rather than businesses. When you look at the most followers on Instagram it is Kim Kardashian and Justin Bieber. Interesting thought eh? Facebook I would also say is split between the two, in regards to that platform it seems to work well for both personal use and business. I can guarantee almost every mainstream business you can think of has a Facebook page. I think Vine, the video app it definitely more for personal use. I have seen some business promotion on there using stop animation videos to promote their projects, but I think it is certainly more prescribed for personal use. I will also say Twitter is more for personal use rather than business. I think a lot of business do have a Twitter but more likely than not, Facebook has definitely more likes/followers/commentors/traffic than their twitter feed.



Which social media platforms seem geared towards personal use and which ones seem to work better for business.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that most platforms could serve for both personal and business use. Although most of them are geared toward personal use, with a little creativity, it could definitively work for business as well. As far as celebrities infiltrating social media, that is actually an example of using social media for business. For celebrities, their persona IS their business. Getting people to "follow" or "like" them is advancing their business, their stardom.

    ReplyDelete