Google Analytics

Monday, September 16, 2013

Aesthetics, Design & Branding

http://www.gforceracecars.com/

Upon entering the website you are greeted with a long list of News on the homepage. This tends to be a bit overwhelming and in my opinion a bit of a turn off. I think it would be better to have a News section instead of just giving you this long list of information. Also, according to the C.R.A.P.H.T.E.D. the alignment is centered which looks a bit unprofessional. I would recommend using a centered left alignment for the text. Under the 'Wheel's' selection you have to hand pick the wheel from the menu drop down list. (They also did this on the Tanks, Tires, Windows & Components etc) but not on other pages such as 'Tabs and Mounting.' I think this is a bit confusing and would be much easier for the viewer if it was on the same page instead of the drop down.

http://tectorch.com/

Where to start with this website....Overall I would honestly say the page tends to look like those fake/scam ads when you accidentally misspell a website in the address bar and it takes you there. It is a really confusing site, so I would change the main page to just something simple, maybe quotes and not the entire list of products. Secondly, the P = Proximity of the image on the homepage is too close to the text. I suggest adding breathing room to the image which would make it seem much more fluid. As far as branding goes, I would suggest they put the brand of the company on the main page instead of just the Favicon. In this way, consumers would get a greater sense of the company's image and next time they see the icon it could potentially draw up a memory of the store/products/employees.

http://apple.com

As far as branding goes, I think we all know the Apple icon. Which is one, the purpose of an icon and two, becomes a face for the company. Whether you enjoy Apple products or not, they are highly successful at branding. This can be seen as the Favicon on the Apple hyperlink (which links you back to the home page) and displayed on their Apples products. In regards to design and color of Apple, or the aesthetics we clearly see Apple as a very refined, sharp design, industrial material product. This modern appeal is attractive to young buyers, and older buyers (Who may be trying to be young!) (I'm kidding) but it is appealing to all demographics. So, the website in my opinion is very effective at communicating a bold, sleek, and professional design to the viewer. Easily navigated and you are not bombarded with heavy monotonous amounts of text. 
  
http://www.toyota.com/

Branding is probably one of the most important pieces in the field of automobiles. So many available car manufacturers they need to have a brand that stands out from others. I think Toyota's brand is really present on the site such as the Favicon and the many cars featured in the slideshow gallery on the main page. In regards to aesthetics, the design and color of the website, I believe the red and gray works really well. The grey would represent the color of the Toyota Icon and red is for a good contrast color. This website to me is less impressive than Apple's because there is more volume on the page, but I think pushes the products more than Apple does. Overall, it gives off a very informative, pleasing, and interesting website design.

3 comments:

  1. "Overall I would honestly say the page tends to look like those fake/scam ads when you accidentally misspell a website in the address bar and it takes you there."
    Haha, that is so funny. I got the same feeling with the http://tectorch.com/ site. I literally LOL'd because I thought the exact same thing. I also agree about the branding. It's incredible how far a consistency on color and style goes in terms of a site's credibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that both Ford and Toyota have very nice websites. Personally I like Toyota's website better. I find it interesting and modern in it's look and navigation. I agree the navigation is not as straight forward as Ford's, but that is what makes it compelling to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great comments on all of the websites, I think the list we received clearly showed that Apple and Toyota were the better designed sites. It shows what is most appealing to viewers today.

    ReplyDelete