Google Analytics

Monday, December 2, 2013

More Social Strategy

I believe the best type of Social Media for Jay's Pet Hotel & Spa would be Yelp! Yelp provides consumers with the ability to see where I am located, my phone number and other basic information. It even links to my website and offers consumers to write reviews about my company, thus feeling more connected to whether using my business is a good idea or not. Another important website would be Facebook; while I believe it is not a vital as Yelp because I am a smaller business, however I think it still provides more social interaction with consumers in which they would not receive on Yelp. I enjoyed using Facebook the most because of the interaction with my classmates was exciting, inviting, and made me want to come back to using the site. The social media that will work best on a daily use pattern would be Twitter or Facebook. The fact that you are able to sync status updates together really makes them almost become one social media site. Another daily social media site I would consider using would be Instagram, being able to share my content with consumers is really fun, and I actually posted a photo on Instagram for my business and received 28 likes! I think you can use Facebook on a much less frequent time schedule because you have the ability to post future content, which I found really interesting! I never knew you were able to do this.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cameron. I have enjoyed interacting with you over the course of the semester. You have a good grasp on the tools we have learned about in this class. I wouldn't sell Facebook so short. You have some great posts. You just haven't had enough pepole like the page that can enjopy your humorous and on-point posts. You might want to sconsider putting up some kind of poster or little desk signs on the physical site prompting people to like your Facebook page. I think people would really enjoy your posts, especially if you got that many likes on your Instagram picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cameron,
    I agree with Manuel. I do believe that Facebook would work well for your business. If Instagram worked that well then a little comment added to that photo and you have a Facebook post. All the residents of the pet hotel have owners who, I am sure, would like to see their pets while they are away - Facebook is an easy way to keep them updated - and also everyone loves animal photos! Just an idea...
    Thanks for the interesting read!
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cameron, I'd also suggest a Google+ Local page. Another advantage of having a Google+ page is that when someone searches for your business on Google, it shows your information on the side of the page, it kinda looks like a paid ad, but it's free. https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2531255?hl=en.

    ReplyDelete